A bridal shower is one of those parties that are fun and practical at the same time. The obvious reason for a shower is to give things to the future married couple that will help them establish a home together. But the underlying reason for a bridal shower is that it’s a nice occasion for the close family and friends of the bride to spend relaxed time with her before the big wedding day.
The bride is the princess of the day, so be sure that in your planning you don’t do anything that will make her feel uncomfortable.
A bridal shower is commonly hosted by the maid-of-honor and bridesmaids. Although it was once considered poor etiquette for family members of the bride to host the shower, it is now acceptable. Here are some other considerations as you plan a shower:
* The event is usually held within two months of the wedding, up to two weeks before the big day.
* Don’t invite guests to the shower who have not been invited to the wedding.
* These days you’ll need to decide whether this will be a traditional ‘girls only’ event or a couples party, often referred to as a “Jack and Jill” shower.
* Any time of day is acceptable, but most often showers are afternoon events.
* Decide whether the party will be held at a Home,Hotel ,Restaurant or other locale. These days many shower planners now choose activities instead of the traditional finger food/gift opening shower. For example, many bridal parties take the bride out for a day at the spa ,shopping instead of a shower. Or for an active Jack and Jill shower, the party could be a beach Barbeque shower.
* Finally, unless you feel it’s mandatory to surprise the bride, involve her in the planning. Ask her if there’s a particular theme she’d like for her shower. Some popular themes include lingerie showers, kitchen item showers, around-the-clock showers (where everyone is assigned a time of day for which to select a gift for the Bride.
* Gifts should be opened when after Meal etc, toward the end of the shower, The gift opening is the highlight of the event, so you don’t want guests filling their plates at the food table or the host opening the door to greet guests while it’s going on.
Hope you learnt something, and hope that the Tips are Helpful, now that you can go plan your bestie that shower before she finally bade been single good-bye.
Show some Love With Likes.
Follow us on:
FB Fan Page: PoshMywedding
FB group Page: PoshMyWedding & Events
…We plan to give you the very good taste of opulence for all events that you request.
We are currently in North Cyprus… 💝💏🎊